Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving presets and Setlists

keithbax

I've edited a few presets today, and when I try to make a backup onto my PC, I get a box that gives me the name of the preset/setlist and a comment "There are no more files".

I can import no problem. I've reinstalled editor, and done a button 9 and 10 reset of the Helix to no avail. Anybody got any ideas

Using Helix floor, with latest firmware and editor

Thanks

I can import no problem.

If you can import presets with no problem, are those imports what you just tried to save?

Try making a new patch from scratch. Name it something different than all the rest. Save it. Then export that patch. It should have a "preset" suffix .hlx. Then try and import that patch. Setlists have a suffix of .hls. I have mine set up (iMac) so that presets go in one subfolder, and setlists go in another subfolder inside the MAIN folder called Helix.

I've tried drag and drop, which works with individual presets, but not with Setlists.

This is a new problem, I've had my Helix 18 months, and always been able to back up until today.

Done a button 9 and 10 reset and reinstalled the Editor software, still no luck

If you can import presets with no problem, are those imports what you just tried to save?

Try making a new patch from scratch. Name it something different than all the rest. Save it. Then export that patch. It should have a "preset" suffix .hlx. Then try and import that patch. Setlists have a suffix of .hls. I have mine set up (iMac) so that presets go in one subfolder, and setlists go in anther to subfolder inside the MAIN folder called Helix.

Tried a new patch into an empty set list, same message , little warning triangle, file name for attempted save and "There are no more files" with an OK box. Click on OK nothing happens

If I were you id export my important presets (click and drag in groups) and flash the firmware. If you still get the problem then I'd say open a support ticket

That's the problem, I can't Export Presets, Set Lists or Bundles

I've edited a few presets today, and when I try to make a backup onto my PC, I get a box that gives me the name of the preset/setlist and a comment "There are no more files".

I can import no problem. I've reinstalled editor, and done a button 9 and 10 reset of the Helix to no avail. Anybody got any ideas

Using Helix floor, with latest firmware and editor

Thanks

Sorted, tried installing the Helix software on my desktop, instead of laptop, worked fine. Just need to find out why it's stopped working with my laptop now

That's the problem, I can't Export Presets, Set Lists or Bundles

but you said dragging and dropping worked...Its been mentioned a few places here and on other helix forums that setlists can become corrupted or un-importable and exporting single presets is by far the safest method of retaining individual presets.