Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EV PA speakers

cgar18

HAs anyone tried thes with the helix?

Electro-Voice ZLX-15P There is also the 12 inch great payment plans at zzsounds Im trying but havent seen anything online except dj vids.http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--ELVZLX115P

We have 6 of the 12" of this model for our monitors.  I tried one and while it was very well defined for me.  YMMV  I also use the Alto TS215.  The way I set my patches seem to work better for me with a 15"  ... Moral of the story is that the EV 15" may be a great choice for you however I'd take your Helix to someplace that had one and let your ear decide.

I use the ZLX12P live and for home use.  I LOVE it!!!  When shopping for speakers I tried the Alto, QSC, JBL, Yamaha and EV.  I found the EV gave me the sound I was used to hearing.  Not surprising - I always had EVM12L in my cbas when I was using tube amps.  There is something about EV's midrange that I like.  I won't lie, the QSC was amazing - VERY neutral, but it didn't sound like what I wanted to sound like.  In all fairness, my main goal with the Helix was to be able to have the sound of my Rivera S120 analog rig in a more compact package.  Using the EV ZLX12P got me closer than using the QSC (or any of the others) would.  Here's a clip of me using it at a gig. In this clip i am using a PRS Paul's Guitar, my Helix rack rig, and the EV.

I use the ZLX12P live and for home use.  I LOVE it!!!  When shopping for speakers I tried the Alto, QSC, JBL, Yamaha and EV.  I found the EV gave me the sound I was used to hearing.  Not surprising - I always had EVM12L in my cbas when I was using tube amps.  There is something about EV's midrange that I like.  I won't lie, the QSC was amazing - VERY neutral, but it didn't sound like what I wanted to sound like.  In all fairness, my main goal with the Helix was to be able to have the sound of my Rivera S120 analog rig in a more compact package.  Using the EV ZLX12P got me closer than using the QSC (or any of the others) would.  Here's a clip of me using it at a gig. In this clip i am using a PRS Paul's Guitar, my Helix rack rig, and the EV.

Wow just the EV no PA? Sounds great I think Im sold,now Im debating 15 or 12inch.

There was a little PA in there, but they mostly use it for vocals and kick.  So that vid isn't 100% EV - maybe 85%.  It's still a VERY full sound on it's own.  I use it unsupported in rehearsal, and there have been a couple of gigs with vocal ONLY PA and it hangs great.  Doesn't have the massive spread of a 4x12, but the places with vocal only PA were REALLY small so the EV filled the room well enough.