Photo

Is There A Way I Can Stop Hearing My Guitar Sound? (hd 500 Volume Problem)

recording volume problem

Best Answer silverhead , 22 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

How are your speakers/monitors connected? Have you experimented with using the +18db boost available in the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices control panel settings?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 limyu_miu

limyu_miu

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi guys,

I posted a topic a few days ago that I could hear my guitar sound from the background even though any musical software isn't running.

I got a reply that it is supposed to be like that, but then it's uncomfortable for me for someone who's been using other audio interfaces like UX1.

The problem is that when I play a song and try to record (while playing the song I want to cover at the same time) at Cubase, if I can hear my guitar sound without enabling the monitoring button, then I get the product with too low volume after rendering (I can't even hear anything).

What I mean is that if I don't monitor my guitar sound while being recorded, I won't know what the volume of my recording is.

so.. is there a way I can stop hearing my guitar sound at the back any time?? at least when Cubase is running?

Please help me with it again

Thanks!

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:09 PM   Best Answer

How are your speakers/monitors connected? Have you experimented with using the +18db boost available in the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices control panel settings?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 limyu_miu

limyu_miu

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I didn't use the 18db boost (cuz I believe it distorts the original tone, doesn't it????)

but then thanks to your post, I lowered the hardware monitor volume in the LINE 6 Audio-MIDI Devices control panel setting and the original problem is now fixed

however, can you reply it back to me more about +18db boost? It seems useful but then when I used it in my previous computer, I got the right volume, but then the tone seemed to change (in a way it's different from when the volume was low).

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'm not very familiar with the details of the boost - I've never used it. However, theoretically I expect it would have a similar effect to anything else that affects signal volume. Depending on how the tone is being processed, louder volume can affect the tone - like increasing your guitar volume using the knob on you guitar will affect the tone by creating more dirt/grit from the amp gain/drive setting.

It is generally used to compensate for, or match with, outboard equipment (computer, DAW, ...) whose usb inputs are somehow 'quieter', whatever that means :huh: . There's no right or wrong about it - use it if you find it helpful, otherwise don't use it.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users