Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is There A Way I Can Stop Hearing My Guitar Sound? (hd 500 Volume Problem)

Hi guys,

I posted a topic a few days ago that I could hear my guitar sound from the background even though any musical software isn't running.

I got a reply that it is supposed to be like that, but then it's uncomfortable for me for someone who's been using other audio interfaces like UX1.

The problem is that when I play a song and try to record (while playing the song I want to cover at the same time) at Cubase, if I can hear my guitar sound without enabling the monitoring button, then I get the product with too low volume after rendering (I can't even hear anything).

What I mean is that if I don't monitor my guitar sound while being recorded, I won't know what the volume of my recording is.

so.. is there a way I can stop hearing my guitar sound at the back any time?? at least when Cubase is running?

Please help me with it again

Thanks!

I didn't use the 18db boost (cuz I believe it distorts the original tone, doesn't it????)

but then thanks to your post, I lowered the hardware monitor volume in the LINE 6 Audio-MIDI Devices control panel setting and the original problem is now fixed

however, can you reply it back to me more about +18db boost? It seems useful but then when I used it in my previous computer, I got the right volume, but then the tone seemed to change (in a way it's different from when the volume was low).

I'm not very familiar with the details of the boost - I've never used it. However, theoretically I expect it would have a similar effect to anything else that affects signal volume. Depending on how the tone is being processed, louder volume can affect the tone - like increasing your guitar volume using the knob on you guitar will affect the tone by creating more dirt/grit from the amp gain/drive setting.

It is generally used to compensate for, or match with, outboard equipment (computer, DAW, ...) whose usb inputs are somehow 'quieter', whatever that means :huh: . There's no right or wrong about it - use it if you find it helpful, otherwise don't use it.