Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Update 2.21

newkidonHelix

I updated my Helix to version 2.21. Everything seems to be fine, except that I play with my Roland GR-55 guitar synthesiser connected to my Helix. Whenever I change my patch on the Helix, it would immediately change the patch on the GR-55, as I have configured the Helix to do. This, however, no longer seems to work since I upgraded to version 2.21. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any ideas?

I updated my Helix to version 2.21. Everything seems to be fine, except that I play with my Roland GR-55 guitar synthesiser connected to my Helix. Whenever I change my patch on the Helix, it would immediately change the patch on the GR-55, as I have configured the Helix to do. This, however, no longer seems to work since I upgraded to version 2.21. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any ideas?

Upgrading the firmware wipes out the global settings. Any chance you had something configured in global settings that got reset?

Upgrading the firmware wipes out the global settings. Any chance you had something configured in global settings that got reset?

I've checked, and everything is as it should be. There's not that much to check in Global Settings -> Midi/Tempo. It's the same as before. I've found that occasionally the patch will change, once, but it won't change again. I'm thinking of moving back to 2.20 if there's no answer to this.

I've checked, and everything is as it should be. There's not that much to check in Global Settings -> Midi/Tempo. It's the same as before. I've found that occasionally the patch will change, once, but it won't change again. I'm thinking of moving back to 2.20 if there's no answer to this.

What MIDI channels are the HX & GR using?

Good question! And also maybe the extract below from the firmware release notes? Btw, probably not the issue and you may already have done this but it never hurts to check/correct your physical MIDI connections from the Helix to the Roland and double-check the MIDI settings on the Roland  as you probably unplugged it when you did your firmware update.

Looks like you already checked it but just in case a little more info on the settings:

- Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > MIDI PC Send/Receive has been split into two separate parameters—MIDI PC Receive and MIDI PC Send—and moved to Page 2. In addition, you may choose whether Helix sends or receives MIDI PC (program change) messages to/from MIDI, USB, both, or neither

Hi!

New Helix LT owner here. I updated the unit straight after i unboxed it and noticed, that i didn't do the reset (FS9-FS10 pressed when powering the unit) after that. Can someone tell me, that what does this reset do? Should i backup my user IR's and own presets before doing this? 

Hi!

New Helix LT owner here. I updated the unit straight after i unboxed it and noticed, that i didn't do the reset (FS9-FS10 pressed when powering the unit) after that. Can someone tell me, that what does this reset do? Should i backup my user IR's and own presets before doing this? 

Yes, make sure you back up your presets and IRs first as this will delete all the user setlists and IRs and overwrite the Factory and Template lists with the latest and greatest from Line6. It will also reset your global settings. You absolutely want to do the reset however as it is part of Line6's procedure from the firmware release notes following a firmware upgrade. Your Helix(or you :P ) may experience strange behavior or problems with restored presets in the future if you don't do the global reset.