Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Standart Pitch Shifter

philseguier

Hi everybody,

I own the M5 and the M13, I really like a lot of the effects, but I am a little bit surprised because there is no standard pitch shifting algorythm like the kind you can hear on "owner of a lonely heart" by Yes (perfect fifth) or "metal fatigue" by Allan Holdsworth (major second). I can get something very close with the pitch glide, but it is not always easy to set the pitch on a very accurate fixed interval, because the pitch glide increments with very small values. So could it be possible to add a pitch shifter model, with different controls ? I mean, one to set the interval (minor 2, 2, minor third, major third, etc...) with semitone steps, one control to fine tune the pitch with smallest values, and one for the mix...?

I think this feature should be very useful, it could be just a variation of the pitch glide because this one sounds really good if it is used to set the pitch on fixed intervals, but it is very tricky to set with accuracy.

Thanks a lot !