arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Registered Products:12

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Well, honestly, I really love my Variax 700..But this version 2.0 of the jtv is something else...The jazz guitars and the resonators are so awesome!

Combined with the alt. tuning on the wing...So convenient...I never before used the jazz guitars, or the resos, but now they are my favorites. 

Although I still miss the old stratocaster (thanks god I bought the 69s I will make it sound better with dimarzio) and the custon L.P. , but the tones I get are great!!! Speaking for the new tele and the new L.P. they are so perfect!!!

Thanks Line 6!

Love my jtv also !!!

My Variaxes are really the best guitars out there, and I have (and have played) plenty!!

Edited by arislaf, 23 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

Before line6 was called line6... they used to do r&d for other companies like alesis + others. and when those customers came to visit the offices of line6 (before it was called line6) and the receptionist needed to warn all the guys who were designing products for other companies (and for themselves... ) who were like 'in the back' the receptionist would announce over a tannoy 'tellephone call for 'fred smith' on line 6' the cunning part was that they only had 5 telephone lines, so it was the secret code for "hide your sh1t the feds are comin'" or "someone's coming, let's hide these PODs that we aren't going to release for another few years so they don't see them" 

BEST CABS: www.studiocat.com

#2 clay-man

clay-man

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Well, honestly, I really love my Variax 700..But this version 2.0 of the jtv is something else...The jazz guitars and the resonators are so awesome!

Combined with the alt. tuning on the wing...So convenient...I never before used the jazz guitars, or the resos, but now they are my favorites. 

Although I still miss the old stratocaster (thanks god I bought the 69s I will make it sound better with dimarzio) and the custon L.P. , but the tones I get are great!!! Speaking for the new tele and the new L.P. they are so perfect!!!

Thanks Line 6!

Love my jtv also !!!

My Variaxes are really the best guitars out there, and I have (and have played) plenty!!

It took me a while to care about the jazz guitars, because that wasn't my main interest before, but now I love it.

The alt tuning knob on the JTV is very helpful, because on my 600, I have to waste spaces on the model banks just for alt tunings. Instead of wasting banks for the exact same guitar but alt tuned, you can just use the knob, and have a lot more tunings that way.

The capo feature is also really handy if you want to set a tuning quickly without messing with stuff in workbench. Really great for live application.

This is just me talking in theory though, since I don't have a JTV. 

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#3 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

I would really like to hear a recorded track with the new redone 2.0 jazz model to get an idea of the improvements

I like very much my 175 neck HB - 700 version

as in this my old demo sound track

https://soundcloud.c...ico/jazzy-hd500

tommorow you will have it!

Before line6 was called line6... they used to do r&d for other companies like alesis + others. and when those customers came to visit the offices of line6 (before it was called line6) and the receptionist needed to warn all the guys who were designing products for other companies (and for themselves... ) who were like 'in the back' the receptionist would announce over a tannoy 'tellephone call for 'fred smith' on line 6' the cunning part was that they only had 5 telephone lines, so it was the secret code for "hide your sh1t the feds are comin'" or "someone's coming, let's hide these PODs that we aren't going to release for another few years so they don't see them" 

#4 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Clay man is accurate all your words!I also never care for the jazzies, but now i love the!

#5 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

thanks friend ;)

I appreciate it! :)

uploaded just now! Enjoy! I follow you so you can find me easily! Aris Laf my u. name.

#6 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

ok!.. I'm curious to hear it

Waiting your response!!!

#7 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

By the way, super 400 on the rythm, 175 on lead.Preset jazz chords

#8 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, mater of fact I did't realize that I had the master louder (shame on me) and the final result was this.I uploaded a new version, louder, and correct mix (now the sound is post eq, not only from the pod).Thanks for the remarks!

#9 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Well, consider that the new 175 is now with P90s and not a humbucker, that is the main reason of the different tone.Maybe you can reproduce it at your 700?

#10 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

very good idea ;)
I will make a try

Please revert with your results, i am curious! (since i don't have my 700 at athens with me :(  )

#11 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

as soon as I get the chance I will test it and let you know

Thank you!

#12 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Wow! I never tried this configuration.Too bad that the HD not have the junior 90s. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Take care, my friend.

Waiting for whatever new you come up with!

#13 lindsayward

lindsayward

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationTownsville, Australia
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hi Aris. There's no link in this thread. Is your demo the one called "Jazz" here? https://soundcloud.com/aris-laf/jazz 

Thanks.

#14 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

Hi Aris. There's no link in this thread. Is your demo the one called "Jazz" here? https://soundcloud.com/aris-laf/jazz

Thanks.

Correct, it's the jazz :)

#15 edstar1960

edstar1960

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

Thanks Line 6!

Love my jtv also !!!

Hi arislaf, great to hear you enjoying the v2 models so much.   Have you had any issues with sustain on the new models as reported in other threads by other users?  From memory I believe some people reported they felt the Lester and Strat models had far less sustain than the v1.9 versions.  Have you found that to be the case?

Thanks.

#16 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Hi arislaf, great to hear you enjoying the v2 models so much.   Have you had any issues with sustain on the new models as reported in other threads by other users?  From memory I believe some people reported they felt the Lester and Strat models had far less sustain than the v1.9 versions.  Have you found that to be the case?

Thanks.

Yes, I have the same issues, especially on lester :( 

#17 jandrio

jandrio

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1254 posts
  • Registered Products:5

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

JTV vdi'ed to HD500 is super!

No sustain "problems" at all, every model sounds really great.

My 1974 olympic white Jimmy Hendrix Strat is now retired, after remaining 40 years on the ...front line.

#18 edstar1960

edstar1960

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Yes, I have the same issues, especially on lester :(

Sorry to hear that.  Have you tried tweaking the models on Workbench HD and did that help at all?   Or is the lack of sustain intrinsic to the v2 Lester models and can't be tweaked out by adjusting parameters in WB HD?

#19 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

I couldn't adjust the sustain at all through the workbench, the tones easily but that is no problem at all...

#20 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Uber Guru

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

Sorry to hear that.  Have you tried tweaking the models on Workbench HD and did that help at all?   Or is the lack of sustain intrinsic to the v2 Lester models and can't be tweaked out by adjusting parameters in WB HD?

I was able to get a slight improvement in sustain by throwing a tube compressor at the front of the signal chain in the 500X...it's not a drastic difference, and certainly not as good as the 1.9 models, but it is a little better. That or it's wishful thinking and I talked myself into it...