Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to make your patch stereo? not two amps/cabs

DarthHollis

Hello everyone.

I have created a stereo patch that I really like but I was wondering how everyone else achieves it.  I am only using one amp and cab at a time.

I use a simple pitch shift that just a few cents off  and a little bit of delay in it's own path on the right side - 100% wet and the left side is dry.  Stereo reverb is last but not heavy in the mix.

I have tried chorus and I don't like it.  I have tried just using the delay trick and that is OK.  

What unique methods have any of you used to create a stereo sound with only one amp and cab?  Is there something I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance.

I just put my reverbs and stereo delays after the cab/IR block instead of before it, just as if you were to add reverb and/or delay post processing in the studio. Everything before and including the cab/IR is mono, then the stereo reverb/delay after that "transforms" it to stereo. 

1.Make path A and B identical and put both to have their own Multi input. Example Amp-Cab-Reverb.

2.Then hard pan path A to left and path B right. 3.Change path B cab to something darker, than what path A has.

4.Add a simple delay block in the start of the path B and set decay/repeats to 4ms and set feedback to zero.

Enjoy your 3D tones with popcorn!

My go to approach is to use the dual delay and have a 30 ms offset for one path and pan one R and the other L.  And like "J" said above, I have some other stereo effects after my IR/cab (more delay, verb, etc.).  This gives a really nice full sound for jamming and some recording.