Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

firehawk upgrade 1.30 : load error =-21

Dirdir

I have just bought a firehawk fx. It is in v1.10 (why not last version ?). When i connect to firehawk remote app, it recommends to use last firmware, and stops bluetooth connexion. So i download line6 updater. But it doesn't work (a open GL driver issue due to my graphic card and driver updater doesn't work), so i decided to try download through bluetooth connections with the settings in remote app, even if it takes 2 jours as written...

Files is well downloaded, but After 10 hours, firehawk screen still display "updating...290" and remote app display "update in progress". So i decided to stop bluetooth connexion and turned off device. I turned on firehawk, if display "starting" "v1.30" then "load error=-21"...with the 4 buttons ABCD in red light...not working of course !

How can i deal with this issue ? have i to try again a firmware update but on another PC with USB and line6 update ? Will it work ? or must i go to my vendor and ask help or give me another Gear ?....i am very disappointed

• Haha 1

Sounds like your unit is corrupt.

Q: The ABCD lights are flashing and the unit does not function, even after a factory reset. 
A: This is recovery mode, meaning there was a failed update attempt. The unit will function again once the update is successfully completed. In the event of a failed update, power up while holding A/C and retry the update using the Line 6 Updater found at www.line6.com/software. If the update fails repeatedly, you likely need to try the process on a different computer.

I did not have any luck trying to update via iOS/Bluetooth. I had to download the line 6 updater software on my Macbook Air and update the FHFX that way. It was very fast and straight forward with the laptop - not so much with bluetooth.

I would try using a different USB port on your computer (preferably on the rear panel rather than the front panel which often use an internal hub) and run Line 6 Updater again. If that still fails and you have access to another computer I would try that.

• 1 year later...