6 replies to this topic

#1 wrappedinchains

wrappedinchains

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I browsed through all of the threads and didn't see a similar scenario that matches the symtoms I am facing with my Vetta II that I just purchase yesterday from Guitar Center.

While playing on the amp and modifying the preexisting patches for a tone to my likeing the sound coming out of the cab cut off abruptly and the screen froze on channel 1A.  I turned the amp off and waited about 30 seconds and turned it back on.  Now both of the screens are completly blank and no sound is coming out.  I tried to run the flash update, but that didn't seem to work.  I left the amp off for several hours and tried again and both of the screens are completly blank still and no sound is coming out of the cab.

#2 sliding_billy

sliding_billy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

When you ran the flash, was Monkey able to detect the amp properly?  Also, what midi device did you use to flash?

#3 wrappedinchains

wrappedinchains

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

I just used a midi to usb cable and connected through Monkey, but Monkey never actually saw the device.  I don't think the flash actually installed anyway because none of the prompts actually came up on the amps screen when I followed the instructions on monkey. It seems like the cpu in the amp is "stuck on stupid" so to speak. The error occured when I switched from one of the factory presets that was a a relatively normal volume level to an adjacent preset that was at extreme loud for some odd reason.  I'm about to just return the amp to guitar center I suppose,  I played on it for all of about 15 minutes before it went haywire.  I can't have this happen live.

#4 sliding_billy

sliding_billy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

The only usb midi device that works consistently is the midisport uno.  Assuming you do not have one to try, I think that returning the amp while you still can is your best course of action.

#5 wrappedinchains

wrappedinchains

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

The midi device really has nothing to do with the error that occured with this thing.  I am thinking that the previous owner of this amp knew it was jacked up thats why he traded it into Guitar Center in the first place.

#6 sliding_billy

sliding_billy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not referring to the error but the ability to even attempt a flash.

#7 DickFoster

DickFoster

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

The midi device really has nothing to do with the error that occured with this thing.  I am thinking that the previous owner of this amp knew it was jacked up thats why he traded it into Guitar Center in the first place.

What he is suggesting is that you use the MIDI port to reinstall the software. Before you do it's best to make sure the battery inside is good. That seems to be one of the major sources of problems. The battery dies then the RAM gets all screwed up and the amp doesn't know what to do or how to work right. Replacing the battery and reloading the software fixes a lot of what ails these amps. Unfortunately the battery is inside and involves a little soldering to replace. Once the battery has been replaced, it's good to go for five years or so before needing another new one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users