Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 400 need to wait 2 to 3 minutes to come the full sound after power on.

pncola

Hi.

I bought a pre owned HD400 last month and I don't have too much knowledge about line 6 product. My HD400 takes about 2, 3 minutes warm up time to come out the full sound after turn on. After that it works fine. No need to wait again for the warm up if I turn off and turn on again. Is it common for every HD400 to wait 2, 3 minutes at the first time power on. Or is it error? Please advise. Thanks.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I´m having the same issue..  I have tu hit the strings really hard to make the hd 400 sound, and the sound is crackling. After a that, some minutes later the guitar starts to sound but the sound is muffled and changes over time while playing... like when applying a really strong noise gate (which I disabled for all my patches).

I think it is an electronic issue... like a capacitor dying. I opened the thing but I could not see any dead caps (visual inspection only).

I think it is a capacitor because over time the pod seems to go back to normal like if "something has charged up".

No clues...  :(  :blink:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah, any suggestions from tech support would be appreciated on this (POD HD400). I'm up to about 15 min wait before getting any real sound to happen. The unit never goes anywhere, just stays in my house.

Giving it to an electronic repairer to "go find the problem" is a very expensive route, and if I had to do that then this brand is dead to me.

A real shame a crappy bit of electronics is ruining the experience, because the rest of the unit is very robust.

Sounds like a capacitor going bad.  A Line6 authorized repair facility may be your only choice but it may end up costing what you paid for it.  When I had my PODHD repaired a few years ago it cost $75 to fix it but back then the PODHD was $500 so it was worth it.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2022 at 6:34 AM, Johngeo13 said:

had similar issue here can u tell me where is bad capacitor is? really hate this warm up?

I don't have an HD400, but I think the post linked below (on repairing an HD300) contains information that may be useful to you:

https://line6.com/support/topic/33436-pod-hd-300-problem/?do=findComment&comment=314129

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips