Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can someone recreate this clean guitar tone for me?

milesdavisjr

The reverbs in the Helix aren't as smooth (for lack of a better word) as that. Having said that, try this "chain"......Guitar - Particle Verb - Any Vox amp - Simple Delay - Cave Reverb. Play with puting the Particle Verb before and directly after the amp (before the delay). That is just a starting point. Play with the mix parameter in each effect. Turn the highs and lows down in the cab parameters and keep the overall tone of the amp not high (does that make sense?).

• Upvote 1

Very nice sound.

Just a quick listen suggests its two guitar parts -

one very clean guitar part,

underneath is one very wet reverb guitar with the dry signal almost completely removed.

im imagining two paths.

path 1 - clean guitar though a compressor and clean amp setting - thru to output

and that path 1 clean guitar also routed down to path 2 - volume pedal - stereo chorus - reverb - thru to output

you would need to be deft with the foot volume pedal to only allow the notes you want to be heard to come through the reverb and then cut the sound of the other played notes by using the foot volume pedal... easy when you know how but hard to explain on a forum sorry...

so imagine playing three notes or chords one after another...  Dah.. Da.. Da..

foot volume pressed down to allow - Dah.. to come through the reverb... then foot volume rolled back / used to silence notes for Da.. Da.. stopping those notes/chords from going through the reverb whilst the first note is still being heard cascading away in the reverb in the background

you can use a foot volume pedal to remove the initial attack of a note... eg have foot volume at zero, pick a note, immediately after picking it use the foot volume to bend the note in for just long enough for the reverb to get that note into its cascade and then immediately back off the volume pedal again down to zero and let the reverb cascade and ring out the captured note.

all the while the notes you are playing are still heard uninterrupted on path 1 using the clean guitar

hope this makes sense... hard to describe on a forum... 

your looking to set the time or feedback of the reverb to very long and the mix to almost totally wet if not completely wet...

.... there will be other ways of achieving this sound and the recording itself is probably taking advantage of studio techniques to layer it, process each part and separate out the dry and wet using eq and compression and panning - i would have thought to make each part sound high quality and spacious and yet sitting nicely together... very nice effect.

would sound best ultimately in a wet dry wet set up - FRFR speakers on left and right carrying the reverb sound and with a touch of the clean guitar sound - whilst a proper guitar cab sits in between the two FRFR speakers and carries the Clean guitar sound with just a touch of the reverb coming through.

sorry i could tell you how to achieve this with my old Boss gt-100 - not so sure of top of my head which chorus and reverb in the helix would be best suited...

In the gt100 the stereo chorus model had the chorus signal on the left of the signal and a dry signal coming through on the right - then fed into a lush long reverb...

If i find time i will have a look into it...

• Upvote 1

Very nice sound.

Just a quick listen suggests its two guitar parts -

one very clean guitar part,

underneath is one very wet reverb guitar with the dry signal almost completely removed.

im imagining two paths.

path 1 - clean guitar though a compressor and clean amp setting - thru to output

and that path 1 clean guitar also routed down to path 2 - volume pedal - stereo chorus - reverb - thru to output

you would need to be deft with the foot volume pedal to only allow the notes you want to be heard to come through the reverb and then cut the sound of the other played notes by using the foot volume pedal... easy when you know how but hard to explain on a forum sorry...

so imagine playing three notes or chords one after another...  Dah.. Da.. Da..

foot volume pressed down to allow - Dah.. to come through the reverb... then foot volume rolled back / used to silence notes for Da.. Da.. stopping those notes/chords from going through the reverb whilst the first note is still being heard cascading away in the reverb in the background

you can use a foot volume pedal to remove the initial attack of a note... eg have foot volume at zero, pick a note, immediately after picking it use the foot volume to bend the note in for just long enough for the reverb to get that note into its cascade and then immediately back off the volume pedal again down to zero and let the reverb cascade and ring out the captured note.

all the while the notes you are playing are still heard uninterrupted on path 1 using the clean guitar

hope this makes sense... hard to describe on a forum... 

your looking to set the time or feedback of the reverb to very long and the mix to almost totally wet if not completely wet...

.... there will be other ways of achieving this sound and the recording itself is probably taking advantage of studio techniques to layer it, process each part and separate out the dry and wet using eq and compression and panning - i would have thought to make each part sound high quality and spacious and yet sitting nicely together... very nice effect.

would sound best ultimately in a wet dry wet set up - FRFR speakers on left and right carrying the reverb sound and with a touch of the clean guitar sound - whilst a proper guitar cab sits in between the two FRFR speakers and carries the Clean guitar sound with just a touch of the reverb coming through.

sorry i could tell you how to achieve this with my old Boss gt-100 - not so sure of top of my head which chorus and reverb in the helix would be best suited...

In the gt100 the stereo chorus model had the chorus signal on the left of the signal and a dry signal coming through on the right - then fed into a lush long reI know

I know what your saying. Ill try to get a patch going on it. Just gotta have the patience I guess haha

Got an idea based on miles post. Put the Particle Verb, Delay and cave reverb on a parallel path to the amp and guitar. Keep the mixes on the verb, delays high and do the clean/dlyverb mix right at the output. I think that would make the dry clean sound more present than my last post, while still maintaining the heavy reverb delay thing which, by the way, I love. I easily can, and have, spent a day playing with a good guitar sound and tons of dly/reverb. I think it's the Pink Floyd in me.