#1 tsegal1

tsegal1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Hi All,

I just bought the Spider Jam and wanted to test how a microphone sounds through it.  I don't have an xlr microphone....just the 1/8" right now.  I have an adapter that converts 1/8" to 1/4" though.  I couldn't get it to work. 

The microphone works on my computer.  The adapter works for my headphones.  I plugged my guitar into the AUX input and it works fine. 

I turned up every possible setting I could find in the manual and I don't get a single sound from it. 

Why does the guitar work great in the AUX but the microphone doesn't even though the microphone/adapter work just fine for the computer?

Are microphone signals (cheap mic) just too low compared to the pickups of the guitar...maybe?

Thanks!

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think your going to need to get a 1/8 to XLR. Have you tried to turn the Volume (in the settings) for the AUX input to a higher level? Exactly which Mic are you using?

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users