Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vertical Line appears on Helix Display

jerosguitar

Hy!

I haves some Issues with the Helix…sometimes the display freezes, while switching it on and I have to turn it off/on again to make it work.

Now, after a legendary Blues Session with youtube, a red vertical line appeared on the display and does´t want to disappear;

I´ve made an update, but nothing helped….

Do you know, what caused this issue?

(There was a storm with lightning outside, maybe this causes the damage?)

Manuel

Hy!

I haves some Issues with the Helix…sometimes the display freezes, while switching it on and I have to turn it off/on again to make it work.

Now, after a legendary Blues Session with youtube, a red vertical line appeared on the display and does´t want to disappear;

I´ve made an update, but nothing helped….

Do you know, what caused this issue?

(There was a storm with lightning outside, maybe this causes the damage?)

Manuel

The line may turn out to be a defective scribble strip in which case you should contact Line6 support. As you already attempted the first step is to try upgrading the firmware first. The display freezing is often but not always a symptom of the following three things - a failed firmware update(do it again), not having run the Global Reset after the firmware upgrade, or not having the version of the Editor installed that matches your firmware.