Photo

How to collapse USB output to mono?

usb mono output

Best Answer phil_m , 23 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

If you put a dummy mono block, such as a Gain block before the output block, the output would be dual mono, so if you wanted to only use USB 1, you'd have everything mono-ized.

You could also easily just combine USB 1/2 in your DAW to one mono signal. In Reaper there's a option to downix stereo tracks to a signal mono track. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moon_Raven

Moon_Raven

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Hello,

I have a stereo signal path that I would like to collapse to mono. When I use the 1/4 output, the signal gets collapsed automatically. However, I want the output to be set to USB and the only option I have is to make output stereo - USB 1/2, USB 3/4 etc. How can I select the output to be just USB 1, and send a collapsed mono signal through it?

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 8907 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:24 PM   Best Answer

If you put a dummy mono block, such as a Gain block before the output block, the output would be dual mono, so if you wanted to only use USB 1, you'd have everything mono-ized.

You could also easily just combine USB 1/2 in your DAW to one mono signal. In Reaper there's a option to downix stereo tracks to a signal mono track.

"It is not our duty to understand the arbitrary, meaningless dictates of machines"

- Don Norman in The Design of Everyday Things

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, mono, output