#1 Aceaj78

Aceaj78

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

My USB keeps disconecting from my computer. Sound from the computer to Helix goes out from the audio interface. The control panel says "Helix not connected" and I lose control of the Helix from the App, The only fix is to reboot the helix. I have tried 4 different USB cables and 3 different laptops but the problem persists. It seems to be electrical with the Helix. It will sometimes happen just hitting one of the foot switches. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a solution?  

#2 jbuhajla

jbuhajla

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationDenton TX
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

What operating system are you using and what Helix Editor and firmware revisions are you running?

Disclaimer: All my opinions referencing the Helix (and all other products) are based upon my personal playing tastes and gear. I am not a high gain amp player and play primarily electrics with single coil pickups. Your tastes and gear will vary. I could be wrong about anything I am posting about. Consult your equipment's manual before attempting any of my suggestions. I am not an audio engineer, but I am an electrical engineer. I will still be wrong about many things despite my academic background. My first Line 6 product was the Ax212 modeling amp combo and floor board. Rock on...

Ephesians 5:19- ...addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart

#3 Aceaj78

Aceaj78

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Windows 10
New editor

#4 jbuhajla

jbuhajla

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationDenton TX
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

Windows 10
New editor

If you are running firmware 2.11 and 2.21 editor, that will cause you issues. 

Disclaimer: All my opinions referencing the Helix (and all other products) are based upon my personal playing tastes and gear. I am not a high gain amp player and play primarily electrics with single coil pickups. Your tastes and gear will vary. I could be wrong about anything I am posting about. Consult your equipment's manual before attempting any of my suggestions. I am not an audio engineer, but I am an electrical engineer. I will still be wrong about many things despite my academic background. My first Line 6 product was the Ax212 modeling amp combo and floor board. Rock on...

Ephesians 5:19- ...addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, lost conection, sound