Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Wah (Exp1) and Volume (Exp2)

peostone

I'm assuming you mean, how do you switch between Wah and Volume without moving the volume pedal?

Have you tried changing the Wah bypass switch to one of the footboard switches?  Might also make it turn the volume pedal block off when you turn the wah pedal block on, and vice versa.  I don't know if the footboard switches are capable of changing the mode of the expression pedal.

Personally, I added another expression pedal so they are no longer linked.  Nice thing about that is that it adds another footboard switch to the Helix since I can turn the wah on and off from the expression pedal

That's what I did as well. Got a cheap volume pedal and that solved the problem. I don't think you can remove the assignement to switch EXP2/EXP1 to the toe switch. It looks to be hardcode so the only way is to plug in the extra pedal for the volume.

Hi, can I use exp1as Wah and exp2 as volume with out the Wah changing volume when turned on? If so can somebody please explain how.

You can alternate between EXP1 and EXP2 via snapshots, so you could have the bypass state of the wah or volume pedal not tied to the toe switch and simply go to a different snapshot when you want to turn on the wah. If you have the EXP position parameter of the EXP you're using set to per preset or global, the volume would stay consistent between snapshots.

Thank you guys for your comments, I´m already using Ernie Ball jr volume pedal as Exp2 but what I dont like is that when I switch (toe switch) ON the Wah (assigned on Exp1) my Eb Jr stops  working. This makes the Wah unusable in live situation because of the volume increase.

Thank you guys for your comments, I´m already using Ernie Ball jr volume pedal as Exp2 but what I dont like is that when I switch (toe switch) ON the Wah (assigned on Exp1) my Eb Jr stops  working. This makes the Wah unusable in live situation because of the volume increase.

Your external pedal should continue to work in this situation. It sounds like you still have the bypass state of the volume block assigned to the EXP TOE switch. Just remove that assignment, and you'll be good to go.

• Upvote 1