Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Togetherness: Spider V 240 and Pod HD 500X

guitarplaya2000

I've been researching on connecting the Pod HD500x (digitally) to the new Spider V 240, but I can't seem to locate it. Going 100% digital with the Pod HD may not exist, but I want to verify with you all.

I had programmed my favorite amp model/tones onto the POD and I want to continue to until I eventually transfer my settings to the Spider V. But I don't see a way to digitally connect them together. The only way I can see to connect the two is to plug an instrumental cable into one of the 1/4 unbalanced output of the POD and plug the other end of the cable into the input jack at the front of the Spider V. 

So am I correct that I have to go analog before I can program my setups into the amp?!

There is no digital connection from the Pod to the Spider. You could use a two 1/4" to 1/8" mini plug cable to go from the 1/4" outputs of the Pod into the Aux In jack of the Spider.

Thanks gtrman100, that may be the way to go for me. I like that! I'll use that method.