#21 JeffersteinVS

JeffersteinVS

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Very excited about the new update. Can anyone tell me if any bug fixs were included in the release? I know sometimes my monitor mix woudl flip from unlinked to linked on its own.

Complete Dream Stage./JTV-59k/HD500X/RELAY G30  Guitar Player for VelvetSkies. 90's to Modern Party Rock Boston Ma. VelvetSkiesBand.com

#22 racereese

racereese

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Just loaded the 1.2 and I really like the slider option, I saved my settings before hand loaded them back on without a hitch......nice work line6.

#23 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Very excited about the new update. Can anyone tell me if any bug fixs were included in the release? I know sometimes my monitor mix woudl flip from unlinked to linked on its own.

This might be actually an a result of our intended operation. When the channel level is turned all the way down and the monitor level is linked and turned up the monitor link breaks to allow turning up the monitor.

#24 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

All went well for me too.  Will be trying it out "live" this weekend.  Expect no problems.

Awesome update.

#25 markknopfler

markknopfler

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

The media player still does not stop automatically. Does anyone have information when that is programmed by Line 6?
The support has replied and informed that it is not currently possible to my question.
I think that support customers' requests not to be included in the programming. I am disappointed with Line 6.

#26 litesnsirens

litesnsirens

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

I guess it depends what you want to use the media player for. I use it to play "DJ" music between sets, so I don't want it to stop automatically. On the other hand if you're using it for backing tracks you probably want it to stop after each song.

As you can see whether or not this needs to be fixed is a matter of perspective. If they change it to suit your needs it's broken for mine.

Is there a way to start/stop with a foot switch? That would be the best solution. Since a band using it for backing tracks would be up on stage anyway and have access to the the foot switch. Personally when I'm playing music between sets, I just want to let it play and sit and relax somewhere not sit by the mixer pressing start again for each new song.

#27 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11133 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Yes, the media player can be stopped and started with a foot switch.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#28 nickinfrance

nickinfrance

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

I must admit that single track playback option on the media player would have been a big plus. A simple 'play mode' button would seem to be all that is required in order that a user could toggle between continuous or single track playback. Great that you can use a footswitch to control the media player but without the single track mode it just can't be used effectively for backing tracks. In a conversation some time ago with someone in support it was indicated that this was a high priority for a firmware upgrade but obviously not this time around. There is of course a perfectly acceptable workaround and that is an ipod (check out a great iPhone app called OneTrack) but it seems like a really small feature to add. Having said that, software is never straightforward I appreciate!

#29 screws

screws

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Phenomenal job, guys! Big thumbs up!

Love the quick work-flow with the faders, and the ease of switching between trim, pan and fx sends. Verrrrrrry nice!

Now if we could choose to mute the fx sends rather than the returns I'd be fully there.

Someday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users