Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 as interface - Sound suddenly goes off in Windows 10

Hi there,

I use my POD HD 500 as sound interface and it's been a few weeks I'm experiencing this issue: by no apparent reason the sound goes off and the only way I've found to fix this is to restart the computer (I tried disabling / re-enabling the POD as an audio interface, unplugging and plugging it again, both power and USB, nothing happens).

If i'm listening to something in Youtube or Winamp, the player stops and can't play further, but strangely, if I'm working in Reaper (using ASIO drivers), I can still play things normally inside it.

I have no clue why this is happening, it's the same Windows install for a while, although I'm guessing it's something to do with some recent Windows update maybe. Is there anybody else having this problem?

My specs:

POD HD 500
Windows 10 Pro x64
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
4 Gb RAM ddr3 1600
Asus m4a89td

GeForce 260GTX
1Tb HD*

All drivers / softwares / firmware are up-to-date in Line6 Monkey.

* I have only 5Gb left in my Windows partition, need to fix this, but I don't really see how this can cause the audio problem

Thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...