Photo

Used Variax 700 Acoustic - Worth Buying? What To Look Out For?

variax 700 acoustic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

So I am a relatively new Variax owner (JTV-59), and I like the guitar a lot. I also bought a new HD500X at the same time. I do like and use the JTV's acoustic models & alternate tunings, and I have read a number of posts on this forum saying that some people think certain acoustic models were better on the old variax acoustic 700. I recently found a used one for sale in my area, and although I should not even think about it right now, I can't help but think about buying it.

I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet, and am just thinking about it now, but if I was to check it out & consider buying it, what things in particular, outside of general condition & playability, should I be checking for in a used variax? Any telltale signs that I should look for in a used instrument of this particular model? :unsure:

I don't know if anything else is included with the guitar, like a case, or the power supply box at this point. I also don't know what kind of condition it's in except for what I can see in one fuzzy picture. I'll have to go see it in person to find out. The seller wants $350 for it.

Any thoughts on buying a used variax 700 acoustic from anyone??

Thanks! B)

#2 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Any thoughts on buying a used variax 700 acoustic from anyone??

double check:

- the bridge, must not be even slightly detached from the body at any point
- the piezos, connect the guitar to an amp and play each string gently and heavily and make sure that each piezo sounds good without strange noises, wait till the end of the notes you play
- the neck alignement and the wear of the frets, it costs a lot to change them
- all the knobs and the VDI socket that should not have any bent pins
- the perfect functionality with the battery, power supply and with the VDI

#3 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I'll make sure I check those things when I go to see it.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15357 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I love mine, just use it for recording... it feels just like a JTV59 in my hands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax, 700, acoustic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users