Photo

Used Variax 700 Acoustic - Worth Buying? What To Look Out For?

variax 700 acoustic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

So I am a relatively new Variax owner (JTV-59), and I like the guitar a lot. I also bought a new HD500X at the same time. I do like and use the JTV's acoustic models & alternate tunings, and I have read a number of posts on this forum saying that some people think certain acoustic models were better on the old variax acoustic 700. I recently found a used one for sale in my area, and although I should not even think about it right now, I can't help but think about buying it.

I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet, and am just thinking about it now, but if I was to check it out & consider buying it, what things in particular, outside of general condition & playability, should I be checking for in a used variax? Any telltale signs that I should look for in a used instrument of this particular model? :unsure:

I don't know if anything else is included with the guitar, like a case, or the power supply box at this point. I also don't know what kind of condition it's in except for what I can see in one fuzzy picture. I'll have to go see it in person to find out. The seller wants $350 for it.

Any thoughts on buying a used variax 700 acoustic from anyone??

Thanks! B)

#2 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I'll make sure I check those things when I go to see it.

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17786 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I love mine, just use it for recording... it feels just like a JTV59 in my hands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax, 700, acoustic