Photo

Relay G50 / Rxs12 Impedance

relay g50 impedance

Best Answer TheRealZap , 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

when using the impedance setting with the pod HD's it doesn't matter what you plug into it.

auto simply allows the first effect or amp in your tone to affect the overall impedance as would be typical for whatever the first model being used it.

I don't have any insight into the rest of your question regarding the wireless gear...  but thought that detail may be important.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PlayAMRadio

PlayAMRadio

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Quick question,

I know the Pod HD series has an "auto" for input impedance but, I prefer to set everything manually just to be sure it doesn't jump around or alter anything.

What is the impedance for each output of the RXS12? I am using both outputs simultaneously to feed the guitar and aux ins of the Pod for a 2 amp setup, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

-ssg

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14795 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM   Best Answer

when using the impedance setting with the pod HD's it doesn't matter what you plug into it.

auto simply allows the first effect or amp in your tone to affect the overall impedance as would be typical for whatever the first model being used it.

I don't have any insight into the rest of your question regarding the wireless gear...  but thought that detail may be important.

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm guessing your "handle" says it all, PlayAMRadio,

So you and I seem to be fellow relics of the analog era, blooded on the brutal battlefield of bias current, plate voltages, matching impedances and gassy glow in the tubes.

...Aah, the sweet smell of dust being cooked on a set of KT88's...  :wub:

Far be it from me to point out that the first part of analog (if not actually it's "input stage") is "anal" ...and as for rogue spell-checkers, there'll certainly be NO mention of them correcting an inadvertently inserted (ahem) "space" to "anal dog"...

...HOWEVER...

In order to stay young, we "old dogs" (anal or not) really do need to learn new tricks. (That's my story ...and I'm sticking to it.)

So I'd put it to you that the reason we cannot find any documentation that quotes figures for the G50 receiver's actual output impedance is most likely that it just doesn't matter these days.

We know that instruments vary greatly in their output impedances, but we also know that the most "picky" of them mainly "suffer" when "loaded down" by impedances that are too LOW, which is why, from their earliest days, the amplifiers favoured by performers have never forced their instruments to bear impedances below at least 2 kΩ, with most gear presenting them with between ten and fifty times that.

That means that, in a world of uncertainty, we can at least be sure that a G50 receiver's output stage will remain absolutely unaffected, with NO discernible effects to its sound, when it's presented with ANY impedances that are above about 1 kΩ .

As for you wanting...

...to be sure it doesn't jump around or alter anything...

...believe me when I say that Satan will have been ice skating for some time before that happens. 

#4 PlayAMRadio

PlayAMRadio

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm guessing your "handle" says it all, PlayAMRadio,

...Aah, the sweet smell of dust being cooked on a set of KT88's...  :wub:

Yes Ron, the KT88's do get a little warm in my /13 BTR 23, that's why I occasionally give it a break and use the 9/15 model ;)  Those tubes ain't cheap!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: relay, g50, impedance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users