Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X with SDRUM

Mozolewski

Hello guys!

Can someone tell me how can I connect SDRUM to HD500X?

SDRUM input is mono, so if I put it at the end of chain I will lost all stereo effects of reverb effect from POD.

If I put it in front, then the reverb effect will affect drums as well.

How to do this correctly? Also SDRUM gives stereo output but I'm not sure if it's correct to MIXER OUT to POD FX RETURN.

look at this link for explanation:

https://3e7777c294b9bcaa5486-bc95634e606bab3d0a267a5a7901c44d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product_documents/documents/5521_1494359729/SDRUM_Quick_Start_5086300-A_original.pdf

@Brazzy this is good idea but my concern is if FXloop is the last one in effects chain than I will lost all stereo effects because SDRUN has mono input, so all kind of stereo reverbs added to the guitar tone will gone. What do you think?

SDRUM manufacture have informed me that if I use both AMP OUT and MIXER OUT, in amp I will receive only guitar signal and on mixer out drums only.

So, there is another solution with the same cost and even lower (at least in my country):

Connect SDRUM before POD and connect mixer out to mixer together with POD unbalanced output - mix them and send to amplifier. Mixer will give you much more control and, in my opinion, this type of connection is more pro.

• Upvote 1