4 replies to this topic

#1 ilkarus

ilkarus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

So here's the story so far: I've had a 89 for a year now and few months ago I couldn't use the modeling sounds because pushing the modeling knob didn't activate the modeling mode anymore. Naturally I returned the guitar back to my dealer and got it back today and it worked for an hour or so but now it's dead again.

I checked the information on what they had done and it said they had only reattached the knob. So long story short, how do I reattach the damn thing? or do I send the guitar back again?

#2 ilkarus

ilkarus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ok, I figured out that you can just pull them off but now I can see that the plastic part of the knob that goes inside is broken. The guys that "repaired" the guitar that came across 3 countries didn't bother to replace the thing? Unbelievable.. Any suggestions on how to fix this thing?

#3 ilkarus

ilkarus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

It works now but every time I use it I have to take the knob off and and put it back on afterwards. Guess I'll have to live with it.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15384 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

just take a small bit of paper ... ball it up and put it in the knob... making it so it won't go down far enough to get stuck.

#5 ur2funky

ur2funky

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

just take a small bit of paper ... ball it up and put it in the knob... making it so it won't go down far enough to get stuck.

I had to do this with mine too...works great now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modeling knob, dead, reattach, modeling mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users