Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 - End of life?

Smashcraaft

After some price-drops in the last few weeks Thomann offers only the Line6 POD HD Pro X.

The POD HD500x is no longer online and there is no upcoming stock information.

Seems that the HD-Line is going to leave the market forever now.

A pity especially after this surprising comparison…

I will keep mine until it's death (and already bought a backup for 170 USD)   :wub:  

I am pretty sure that the POD HD500 will disappear at all big sellers very soon.

Pricing for the 500x was stable for years and now prices drop enormously and the POD disappears at the biggest seller in the EU.

After the release of the Helix LT there might no need, to sell a unit only cannibalizing sells of other units. However... only time will show!

• Upvote 1

I don't expect the HD500X to go away anytime too soon... There have been price drops in EU on all sorts of Line 6 gear from what I understand, and that's because of Yamaha Europe's decision to do so. The HD500X is still available pretty much everywhere in the US for the same price its been.

I don't expect the HD500X to go away anytime too soon... There have been price drops in EU on all sorts of Line 6 gear from what I understand, and that's because of Yamaha Europe's decision to do so. The HD500X is still available pretty much everywhere in the US for the same price its been.

Can't say I would be sorry. It's such a bargain unit <3

As I am not a native speaker I am willing to learn what your comment means, even if It was just for ironic reasons.

As I said the other day, proclaiming the demise of an entire product line merely because it's out of stock at one retailer is more than a little premature.

There's nothing unusual about a retailer running out of stuff. Even Amazon, the Disney of online retail, runs out of $hit once in a while...

"I rest my case" is what lawyers say when they have closed their side of the case. 

Regular Joes use it during conversation when the other person proves their point for them. 

Case in point - 

you said - no more units

we said - wrong

you said - more units

we said - "told ya so"