#1 DragonBE

DragonBE

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hey guys!

Just an hour ago, i tried to play some guitar on my Spider IV 120, but when I started playing no glass was shattered! :(

I checked all my settings (amp & guitar) and my cables, i tried restarting & resetting the amp and even tried Test-mode. Nothing helped.

My amp itself wasn't the problem, since i heard it 'pop' during start-up and sometimes feintly heard some effect when changing channels.

Then i went online to search for a possible solution, sadly the only thing i found were people with the same problem as me.

I tried some more, and then i 'fixed it'. My girlfriend thought it was the cable, so i showed her when i unplugged the guitar there was no noise or anything comming from it.

I held it on my fretboard, which usually kills everything in a 30km radius, but this time i was happy to hear a small amount of noise.

Then i just (carefully) did that some more, and in 5sec my sound was restored!!

It's not something you should do every day, but it beats finding and getting to a service center & having to wait 6 months to get your amp back.

Just unplug your cable on your guitar's end, and gently stroke it against your fretboard until your usual sound returns.

I hope this can help some other people out!

Greets

Dragon

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Interesting, but no 'scientific' explanation.  Sounds like you had a bad cable connection on your guitar.  Always try another guitar and cable first.  Ten try a factory reset on the amp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users