Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guide to installing Gearbox on Sierra

mattk4843

Hey guys,

So I was having the problem of installing gearbox on my new macbook pro 2012 on MacOS Sierra. Unfortunately I didn't find much of a solution here but I figured it out and I thought I'd share my solution. My Toneport GX now works with my mac and audio seems to work fine.

Installing gearbox

So if you run the master installer (.mpkg) you'll quickly see that you can't choose your hard drive because it's not OS X, but MacOS. Instead you can right click on the .mpkg file when you first open the installer and click on "Show Package Contents". Then go to Contents > Packages. Now you'll see the directory containing the individual packages. Be sure to click keep after running each package when it prompts you to move the .dmg to the trash. Install all of the packages except for the Driver Uninstaller. I don't know if the order you do this in matters but I just went for drivers, driver prefs, gearbox, plugins, line6 monkey then frameworks. You will likely have to keep security settings open to authorise running each individual package but it's a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. after you've installed the packages test to see if GearBox is working.

Installing Drivers

Go to the software download page and select your_device_name > Drivers > Mac OS X and download the driver. I didn't have any issues installing this one the typical way of just running the package. After installing the driver everything worked like a charm when I opened GearBox.

Note

The only shortcoming I noticed was that every time I open GearBox it gives me the first-time prompts even when I hit "Never show this again" and it opens up the documentation but I don't lose my custom tones or anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...