Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio GX + Scarlett 2i2 Latency

Hello,

I recently bought an Scarlett 2i2 interface I am mainly using for connecting a pair of studio monitors. The main problem is my Pod Farm license is bundled with my pod GX so I have to have it connected to the computer even if I could record the guitar through the Scarlett.

As I have heard recording through the pod sounds slightly better I tried setting the pod as a recording hardware and the scarlett as a listening hardware. The problem is I cannot heard pod farm from the scarlett and I dont know the reason. Though there is a button on the control pannel - sound which allows you to listen to the pod hardware directly, but it has a lot of latency, unplayable.

How should I set up my recording/listening settings so I can record the guitar through the pod and listen pod farm through the Scarlett?

Thank you

Not sure there is a good way around this.  I've never tried it, but have heard that PCs can only recognize one USB audio device at a time, so you would not be able to use the Pod as your input device and the Scarlett as your output device.

Latency can be shortened in your DAW by adjusting buffer size.

+1 to fflbrgst

You currently can not aggregate ASIO devices on pc's (with a few exceptions).

You may be able to monitor the PF plug-in thru your DAW in real time with no perceptible latency. IMHO a mixer would be a good investment.