Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume and Tone Knobs Reversed

Hi all, I just bought a used JTV-69, and there are a couple of issues I thought I could ask about here. First, the volume and tone knobs are reversed, i.e. the volume is controlled by the one closest to the jack, and tone is the one closest to the strings. This is opposite of what it should be right? At first I thought it was possibly something that could be changed in software, but I can't find anything like that. I guess the previous owner modified it.

The other issue is probably related... the tone knob only works on the modeled sounds. It doesn't have any effect on the mag pickups. Should that be an easy fix?

Thanks for your help!

Getting under the pick-guard won't be an easy fix, especially if it's been modified.

Not something to try yourself.

Sounds like someone messed it up good, not one of the four or five people in the

Americas I trust to do a mod and not mess it up. Sounds like it needs some of my TLC.

Get with customer support on this one.

Sounds like someone messed it up good, not one of the four or five people in the

Americas I trust to do a mod and not mess it up.

Some day I'd love to meet one of these magical people. Assuming of course that we can pry them away from their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...;)

Unicorn is a nice myth, but still myth,....

One is north of me in San Luis Obispo, another does custom work in (I think it's) Chino, CA, and

there's one of James Tyler's guys who heads up the American builds, and a guy couple guys in

Canada (Ontari-ari-o,... as the Trent Severn song goes). Met most of these guys and traded notes.

And there's a fellow in Northampton, UK (my opposite number as it were), who used to do guitars for

us back when we had a location in Rugby, and now hung out his own shingle (he's really good).

And then there's me. Done stock work and custom mods over the last four decades, plus. But here,

only do the custom stuff for our product endorsers as favor for the boss, like the two jobs I did for lefty 

player Carlos Rios (Chick Corea, Stevie NIcks and others).

"If wishes were horses, I'd have a stable full of Unicorns"---

"Send me your tired, your modified Variaxes, yearning for some TLC, and to be functional again"---