Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Customtone with Trial

alderre

New to the Helix universe after living under a rock.

I have my credit card ready and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I just want to try a preset to decide first. I know the Helix is capable, but need to see first. Am I doing something wrong? I cant seem to download a preset unless I buy a full native license?

Download from where? Anybody can download tones from http://line6.com/customtone/browse/helix/

Do you have the trial version installed and running in your DAW?

Also, Helix Native has a bunch of factory presets. Click the Helix in the logo and restore factory setlists.

It says that I must register my product in order to download presets from custom town. Also I don't see any presents they're all empty. Are you saying this is a glitch? Thank you for your help

Click on the Helix Native logo at the bottom of the screen. In the subsequent Settings window click on Restore Factory Setlists. From the manual, page 34:

Restore Factory Setlists:
- Clears only Setlists 1, 2 & 8 and replaces them with
the Factory Setlists 1, 2 & 8 included with the currently installed version of Helix
Native. All of your presets within any other Setlists remain unaffected.

It says that I must register my product in order to download presets from custom town. Also I don't see any presents they're all empty. Are you saying this is a glitch? Thank you for your help

Where does it say that? You just have to sign into your Line 6 account to download presets from CustomTone... You don't have to own any product whatsoever.

Clicking on the download button from the search results list prompts the product registration (and will not start the download). Clicking on the tone name, which links to its own separate page and clicking download works though. Looks like a bug on line6 side to me, but at least there's a workaround for it.

• 5 months later...