cliffordstevens

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

If I wanted to bypass all the tone-shaping of the Spider IV amp head, is there a way to either bypass it all, or turn it all off, so I could just use the head as a power amp for my effects pedals?

#2 BowerR64

BowerR64

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

Isnt this what the MP3 in is for? it doesnt use the preamp only the power amp, its for any line level input so ide think it would work great as a sort of AUX input.

just use a 1/8"-1/4" adaptor

I believe you control the level with the "master" on the front

#3 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

Yes, the MP3 input, however a lot depends on the output level (and impedance) of your pedal.

#4 BowerR64

BowerR64

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

you could get clever with this input also and a pedal board with an "A/B" box plug the guitar into the input on the A/B box and then "B" out to the pedal board, and "A" out to the input on the line 6 amp.

This would give you all the sounds the line 6 amp can give you, and on the "B" side you now have another whole rig of sounds using the line 6 as a power amp!

IMO, any more you should NEVER buy an amp now days that doesnt have a line in or atleast an effects loop "RETURN" so you can hook pedals, pods, to so you always have tone options then your never stuck with just one sound.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: effects