14 replies to this topic

#1 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Hi guys i have this noise problem with helix native. Is like crackling static noise when i palm mute. But it only happens with certain amps.it all happen when i downloaded ola englunds 5150 patch. Idk but this is wierd, if i use and od pedal and a noise gate and nothing else the noise is gone like 90% but if i use eq pedals racks and such like on the patch the noise is back!

Im using a scarlett studio first gen with unbalanced output, Daw is studio one 3 and logitech z623 speakers.

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 7267 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Did you try adjusting the level coming into the plug-in?

#3 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:13 AM

All levels are fine. its wierd on my 6 string, if i turn the tone knob off the noise is gone. on the 7 is not that bad but its sound muddy. i tried a real amp to see if it was the pickups. and no noise, the 7 string sounded good like it was alive lol.

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 7267 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

Can you post a sample?

#5 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

Can you post a sample?

Attached Files

#6 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

tone knob on, on the 6 string.

on the 7th you could barely hear it. and still annoying lol. but the low end sounds muddy.

Attached Files

#7 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

idk if you guys wanna try the rhythm presets and see if its my gear or the presets. thanks

https://feared.wetra...16103023/060340

#8 Malibu1328

Malibu1328

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

I am also getting a bunch of static on Helix Native.

I know in Guitar Rig 5 I can eliminate that static with the Gate nob at the top.

I also have the Helix Rack and don't get the static sound.

Thanks in advance.

#9 ChaosNone

ChaosNone

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

So I found what the issue is. Apparently this plugin is not multithreaded. I have a new i7 and this plugin maxes the processor when your patch has a lot of low end. I was using sonar and you can see the first core of the i7 processor max out and start crackling. This is very noticeable with the sandman patch on the 2nd play list. L6 please make this processor multi core supported and fix the low end maxing the processor. Something that helped me was cut the low end frequency in your patch. Other than this the plug in sounds great!

#10 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

I know in Guitar Rig 5 I can eliminate that static with the Gate nob at the top.
Thanks in advance.

yeah, same with Amplitube it works fine. what interface are you using?

#11 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Thanks in advance.

So I found what the issue is. Apparently this plugin is not multithreaded. I have a new i7 and this plugin maxes the processor when your patch has a lot of low end. I was using sonar and you can see the first core of the i7 processor max out and start crackling. This is very noticeable with the sandman patch on the 2nd play list. L6 please make this processor multi core supported and fix the low end maxing the processor. Something that helped me was cut the low end frequency in your patch. Other than this the plug in sounds great!

wow so that is the issue. thanks for the help! i hope u can help me with this other thing i know is not line 6 related. but i have bought their gear lol. anyways i have two guitars one ibanez and one jackson. both sound great on my peavey vypyr amp. but on amplitube is different. you know that metallic aggressive tone we get when we palm mute power chords ( ola englund type, metallica etc..) ? well with the ibanez it seems i cant achieve it on amplitube when theres allot of low end and its been equalized by others.( its a patch a downloaded from youtube) to much bass and noise that i have to make my own adjustments and problem solved. but its wierd that both can manage the tone pretty well on the vypyr and that the ibanez cant on amplitube with amps being equalized differently. could it be my pickups that cant manage well the low end or something, or the interface? thanks

#12 DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

I'm getting this same static issue on my rig --- and all the usual suspects have been checked and this is not related to my gear.  Not sure what the issue is - I have an older i7 -- boatloads of RAM -- running Reaper ---- Can run GuitarRig and Amplitube and every plugin known to man simultaneously without any issues -- a single instance of NATIVE and I get load grade static and crackle on all the sounds.

#13 jorgealberto25

jorgealberto25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

I'm getting this same static issue on my rig --- and all the usual suspects have been checked and this is not related to my gear. Not sure what the issue is - I have an older i7 -- boatloads of RAM -- running Reaper ---- Can run GuitarRig and Amplitube and every plugin known to man simultaneously without any issues -- a single instance of NATIVE and I get load grade static and crackle on all the sounds.

Yeap line 6 should fix that issue. Good thing that i only downloaded the trail. I was about to buy the full version.

#14 GilmourD

GilmourD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

I've got the crackling issue on my box, too. It seems to have lessened when I changed some clock settings in my BIOS (run at max clock all the time instead of throttling, although that still seems to not actually be happening). No individual core seems to be maxing out. I toggled between Helix and Pod Farm 2 to make sure it wasn't a newly occurring hardware issue or something but PF2 is OK.

Running in the latest Reaper.

My rig is: 

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 01G-P3-1567-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]

All that said, damn, these tones are nice.

#15 Torray654

Torray654

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Having the same issue here, popping and clicking noises, on every pre-set I have tried, crunch, clean, etc... I do not have this issue with any other pluggin I am using. I have Pro-tools 12. plenty of processor, ram, blah, blah, blah.