I know we've had this problem on here before but I have tried the suggestions in previous posts and nothing has fixed it so I'm hoping someone will have some new Ideas.
I've owned my HD400 for about 6 months now and am starting to get some really nice tones out of it but the problem I have is this-
There is a slight lag or moment of silence when changing patches. Not very long but enough to really annoy me because when I kick in a new patch for a solo I miss the attack or the first note of whatever I play. I can hit the switch early, but that still leaves a short period of silence.
The problem can also be heard if for example I am playing through Patch 'A' and tap the 'A' button again the sound goes off then back on. Done in quick succession it is similar to flicking the pickup switch on my Les Paul back and forth to get that stutter effect.
I'm sure this can't be normal. I don't consider myself to have that discerning an ear (especially in comparison to a lot of you guys I'm sure) but it is very annoying.
After initial disappointment with the unit, I stuck with it and have started to love the tones I'm getting from it, in fact I find it hard to get a bad sound out of it now I've got the hang of it. But this is something I can not put up with playing live.
Please, if anyone knows how to fix this give me a clue. Likewise, if you're all sitting there thinking "yeah they all do that" then let me know and I can stop chasing my tail and move on.
If anyone is reading this with their gear set up maybe you could try hitting the same batch button a few times and let me know if you get the stutter? That would probably confirm if it is normal or not.
Here's How I'm using it and what I've tried,
- I am not using it with the edit software and it is not connected to my laptop.
- I have updated the Firmware and re flashed several times.
- I am connected by one cable from L out to FX Loop Return on a combo amp.
- I have done the factory reset,
- The Pedal Calibration,
- I've tried the HD500 Global reset (Power on holding Left)
- Safe mode (Power on holding Right)
- Power on holding Down.
- The problem has always been there since I bought it used. (Think I've been had)
- The lag is also present when using the looper making it almost un-useable.
Nothing has worked so far.
Please help me if you can, I will be eternally grateful
Thanks in advance