Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Loading Helix Hardware patches with Snapshots?

bc05

Each snapshot would correspond to a different instance of Helix Native in your DAW.

Here's what the manual says about this..... note the reference to the last saved snapshot. There are other interesting things in the manual too! 😉

Snapshot Assignments

At this time, Helix hardware "Snapshots" are not supported in Helix Native. Therefore, if you import a preset exported from Helix hardware that includes snapshot controller as- signments, the preset will load within Helix Native with the last-saved snapshot and its settings in use. Edits that you make to options that may a ect the snapshot-assigned options (such as the bypass state of blocks, parameter values, etc.) will overwrite the snapshot controller settings within the loaded snapshot. No Snapshot other than the loaded one is otherwise a ected, thus all other snapshot data is retained in the preset when exported from Helix Native and imported back into Helix hardware.

Within Helix devices, it is possible to create & customize up to 8 Snapshots within a preset by way of assigning parameters to special "Snapshot Controllers." Snapshots can store of a set of options (e.g. - a block's bypass state, up to 64 assigned parameter values, tempo settings and more).

• 3 weeks later...

I would imagine that Line 6 will be adding snapshot support. The sooner the better!

I've used my Helix Floor for recording via USB through Logic Pro since the Helix came out, and always use Snapshots to do subtle changes to tones for different parts of the song. Very easy to do via MIDI commands, and very effective.

Snapshots would be VERY useful and versatile in Native!

I would imagine that Line 6 will be adding snapshot support. The sooner the better!

Agreed. I am a 'Native-only' Helix user. I was considering picking up some of Glen D's or Fremen's paid preset packs so I could learn from them but without the snapshots they are really not viable. I have found a few good ones on custom tone but a lot of those use them too. I am glad they went ahead and released Native and it is a really good tool but I am very anxious for snapshots, will be psyched when they get here.

I own some of Glenn's and Fremen's presets, both which make extensive use of Snapshots. They're great not only as a learning tool, but for experts who are too busy to spend a lot of time tweaking. Those guys put a lot of time and effort into their stuff.

Snapshot support pretty please.  :)