Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix - Clean Bass Amps

Markus_plbo

Dear all,

I am not new to Line 6 ( used POD X3 many years ago, using a G10 very happily) but new to Helix, currently testing the native during the 15 days trial period. My main instrument is the bass. I have already good experience with Zoom B3 and B3n, have used it for gigs, already. I am trying to find out if HELIX LT could be my next Multi.  I am very impressed with the quality of tube bass amps of HELIX. This is really a big step . But I have difficult to find some very clean bass amps or settings, e.g. a MarkBass amp simulation with it s VLE and VLF EQs.

Is there anybody who can help me or have any recommendations?

best regards,

Markus

I get good results by using and tweaking a multiband compressor before a SVT Bright. Try to find a good combination of drive and master volume to get a good clean tone. I find about 6.5 for master volume and 3.x for drive. Adding the mesa EQ block after the amp can help as well for finding your desired tonal qualities. I also don't use the active EQ on my bass guitar.

I get good results by using and tweaking a multiband compressor before a SVT Bright. Try to find a good combination of drive and master volume to get a good clean tone. I find about 6.5 for master volume and 3.x for drive. Adding the mesa EQ block after the amp can help as well for finding your desired tonal qualities. I also don't use the active EQ on my bass guitar.

Thanks. This helped already. SO i have a way how to proceed.

Thanks