Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Cant Hear My Guitar While Recording

so im new to using recording programs and have seem to have run into a difficulty while trying to use my spider lV going into a m-audio pre amp to use on Kristal (I know its not the best recording software but frees about as much as I can spend on recording software until I feel comfortable enough using it to buy good software) so anyways when I set my guitar up straight to the m-audio I get a pretty cleanish plain guitar sound while recording when I hook up the spider .IV to it I seem to be able to hear myself play through it but it doesn't record any sound into Kristal.... what do I do to make this ghetto set up work?

Are you plugging into the same inputs on the M Audio device? (which one is it?)   You say you can hear the guitar - do you have headphones plugged into the M Audio?  I assume that in Kristal you have to select the input device, make sure you have the correct M Audio channel selected.