Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 models, which go for the input and which ones in the loop

albertojgg

I know that altough there's no rules when talking about fx, is a general consensus that delay and reverb goes in the amp's loop, and drives, comps, filters in the input of the amp, and modulation some in the input and some in the loop. Off course there are exceptions. 

My question here is very specific. Since I decided to use the M13 in the loop, that means that I'll use the M13 just for delays, reverbs and mods.

- I want to know if any M13 out there uses the filters in the loop? maybe not the whah models which we all think sound better first in the chain and in the input, but all the other models?

- Also the Tube compressor is a rack model so.................. should I use this model in the loop instead of the input? 

- From the modulation models, which ones you guys think sound better in the loop rather than the input?

Thanks in advance

A lot of this will be left to your ears and what you like, so try different things. I find filter/pitch/synth effects all work best at the front of the chain since they need a clear signal to track. If there's not a whole lot happening before it I could see a filter type effect working well in the loop. For modulation effects, I do like throwing a tremolo in the effects loop. A lot of the other stuff will fall to experimentation and whether you want that as part of your sound. I don't often see compressors in the effects loop, but it doesn't hurt to try it out and see what results you get.