Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 7-cable method with a Yamaha THR100HD amp

eyebanez

So, I have an M13 coming tomorrow and I would like to run it in the 7 cable method with my Yamaha THR100HD amp.

I'm just looking for opinions as to whether this sounds logical and/or doable.

The Yamaha head has stereo inputs on the front and they are actually connected to the amps separately. Two players can play at the same time, one through each amp. If you only use input 1, one player can choose ether amp or both at the same time. A wet/dry mix is super easy with this amp, since it is truly two separate amps.

I have a stereo cab and amp1 is the left speaker and amp2 is the right. The head has a stereo effects loop that utilizes two TRS jacks, so only two jacks.

With the use of an insert cable in each jack, you can split the send and the return and set the loops to separate. The amps manual refers to this feature as a way to run a separate effects unit in each amp.

So, long story short, each unit has stereo jacks for input, output, send and return. Only 3 of the 4 cables connect the amp to the M13 directly. We know the guitar plugs into the M13, so that cable isn't a concern. It only seems logical to me that if the left send, return, and output cables are connected to the left amp and the right send, return, and output cables are connected to the right amp, the 7 cable method would work. Boy, that was a long sentence. 

I do realize that the stereo integrity of the signal path is very important and must be true, all the way through the effects chain, for this to be perfectly executed. So, all effects used must be true stereo, or the total effect is compromised. 

What do any of you think? Has this question been asked before? Thanks in advance people. :)