Photo

Dt25/dt50, Cabinet Necessary?

Best Answer BigChas52 , 28 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

No, you cannot use the DI on the DT25/50 without a speaker load.  Well you can, but you'll burn out the amp.  The output section is pushing wattage even if you are using the DI.  Sorry.

To second what Zap said, the DI emulations coming out of the DT are pretty much that same as what is coming out of the HD500, with a maybe touch of the output section mixed in.  Unless you are playing alone on stage, no one will notice the difference in the mix except you.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Brazzy

Brazzy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

The DT50 doesn't have this relay... So running it without a speaker load connected could and eventually will damage the output transformer.

Hey, Thanks for that tidbit. I'm going to read that pdf now, LOL.

I mostly play at home and my own music which is more of a bluesy Jazzy Rock mixture as I'm still learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. In a nutshell I'm always learning and having fun doing it. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not.

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#22 Stratman82

Stratman82

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm currently doing that with the HD500. The live tubes sound better. There are upper and lower natural harmonics that a tube generates which modelers can't quite hit yet. 

The HD500 sounds good, but it sounds better with the DT

After 2 years experience with a DT25, first with an HD300 and now an HD500x, I'm not sure I agree with this. See my recent thread here: http://line6.com/sup...ull-power-mode/.

Its a sign of how excellent the podHD modelling is (and mabye that the DT25 amp as a standalone tube amp isn't top of the league) but I prefer the all digital tones I get from this rig.

#23 ext1jdh

ext1jdh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I like them as well. In comparison to my Blackheart Handsome Devil, were I to be recording, I would use the Blackheart with a few mics. The HD500 would be an effects platform, only due to the current limitations of digital modeling of tubes. 

It's very good, but it's not perfect. The only thing missing is some of the tube responsiveness. Some but not a lot. It does over 90% of what I need it to do at a gig.

That said, i use the HD500 on stage straight to the PA pretty much weekly and it serves very well. Just looking for a little bit more tube realism.

pqpy.jpg
4ntm.jpg
9s6v.jpg
isnq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users