Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro Edit

trinler

You can move or copy presets by click/dragging them from one preset slot to another. Use CTRL click/drag to copy, as in other applications. A straight click/drag moves the selected preset and rearranges the others between it and the target destination. Experiment with it - it's easily understood.

There is no Delete function - to delete a preset, you replace it with another. Every preset slot must hold a valid preset definition - there is no such thing as a completely empty preset slot; the closest you get is the New Tone factory default preset. But that, too, is a valid preset definition.

• 1 year later...

No kidding....basic windows functionality is not even present in this application. Cannot even move effects up and down in the rack and copy one effect to a different slot. I just bought a HD500x and this is one of the main reasons I may return it to the store soon. Come on Line 6....kick your programmer in the a$$!

One thing I've noticed is that there's always a work around to do certain things. Some call it counter intuitive, and some folks adapt.

If you're going to return the entire thing because edit doesn't function like Windows, then go ahead and do so. I just find it silly.

an Undo button would be a little difficult. Because --- 

how does the software distinguish between a manual edit vs a usage change. 

*an example of 'usage change' is when you use the turn on an effect via a pedal. 

EDIT reads it as an edit, where as, it is actually just you using the patch the way it was designed. 

There's a simple enough workaround. Copy the preset you want to work on before editing. As long as you don't SEND the overwritten preset to the device it will remain unaffected in the device. Meanwhile in the Edit program you can easily compare the changes to the original, and undo by copying the original again.

Not as elegant as a true compare/undo feature but still workable.