Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fishman TriplePlay 1.4 Not Finding Helix Native

amor4jc-2

I am a music minister and layer guitar synths with my guitar when leading worship and currently own 2 Helix floor units. Triple Play is my synth interface/driver, but I dislike most of the available guitar sim software bundles. Positive Grid's Bias FX works fine with TriplePlay, but not Helix Native. Bias FX is fine, but NOT as good as Helix IMO.

I really want to use Helix Native on the TriplePlay, but Helix Native is undiscoverable after scanning the VST plugin folders.

What gives?

Just for clarification (and  to armchair quarterback ;))...

Fishman triple play is a midi pickup (and converter software) mainly and needs sound generators or (soft)synths.

Helix Native is a modeling software for 'regular' pickups (or Variaxes, NOT midi guitars) and works as an audio plugin - not as a virtual instrument (VSTi's)...

Anyway, check your host software / DAW. Helix should be listed under VST audio effects.

Triple play Is designed to be able to host VSTs and virtual guitar amps, unfortunately, for reasons unknown to me, Native is NOT compatible with Tripleplay at this time, this has been confirmed by Fishman. However it works Great with the Midi Guitar 2 app, and you can host whatever synths you want to layer with Native inside the app, which is a Great VST host and mixer......

Http://www.jamorigin.com

I'm not sure how the fishman would work with helix native.  As stated earlier, the triple play is a midi pickup that send midi data derived from notes played on your electric guitar.  the midi signal is routed to a vst that is capable of accepting midi inputs.  Helix native processes audio signals, not midi input.  

I have the tripleplay btw.  I use it in my daw to trigger midi synths.

I'm not sure how the fishman would work with helix native.  As stated earlier, the triple play is a midi pickup that send midi data derived from notes played on your electric guitar.  the midi signal is routed to a vst that is capable of accepting midi inputs.  Helix native processes audio signals, not midi input.  

I have the tripleplay btw.  I use it in my daw to trigger midi synths.

Well, then , you do not use the Tripleplay app, apparently , which is fine, but the OP and  myself are Using the Tripleplay app as a VST host for guitar input as well as midi from the TP, which is what it is designed for , as illustrated by the enclosed picture, where Bias is loaded into the Guitar channel;  the issue is that Native is not recognized when doing the VST scan in the Tripleplay app, the only guitar sim VST that does not get recognized ......and yes ,everything is 64-bit, and Im using a Mac.   

post-1688547-0-67190500-1505042804_thumb.jpg

I am a music minister and layer guitar synths with my guitar when leading worship and currently own 2 Helix floor units. Triple Play is my synth interface/driver, but I dislike most of the available guitar sim software bundles. Positive Grid's Bias FX works fine with TriplePlay, but not Helix Native. Bias FX is fine, but NOT as good as Helix IMO.

I really want to use Helix Native on the TriplePlay, but Helix Native is undiscoverable after scanning the VST plugin folders.

What gives?

So you see I am in the same boat, and there seems to be no solution until Line 6 and Fishman get together on this, methinks........are you on a Mac as I am? I am going to submit a service ticket with  both Line 6 and Fishman, because this is a real issue. 

Yep, you are correct about me not using the app.  Sorry for the derail :)

Well, then , you do not use the Tripleplay app, apparently , which is fine, but the OP and  myself are Using the Tripleplay app as a VST host for guitar input as well as midi from the TP, which is what it is designed for , as illustrated by the enclosed picture, where Bias is loaded into the Guitar channel;  the issue is that Native is not recognized when doing the VST scan in the Tripleplay app, the only guitar sim VST that does not get recognized ......and yes ,everything is 64-bit, and Im using a Mac.   

• Upvote 1

Yep, you are correct about me not using the app.  Sorry for the derail :)

No prob, in fact, IMO, the triplplay app was almost unusable until the the recent soft/firmware update, now it and the TP hardware is much better ..if you haven't done the recent upgrade, I strongly recommend.

I too own TriplePlay and I can say while it is compatible (if compatible means vst plugin reads and loads), it is veeeery unstable. I could easily make TriplePlay crash with busier Native patches (imported from Helix Floor or even made from scratch).

And yes, since 1.4 TP is somewhat on new level, very improved

I too own TriplePlay and I can say while it is compatible (if compatible means vst plugin reads and loads), it is veeeery unstable. I could easily make TriplePlay crash with busier Native patches (imported from Helix Floor or even made from scratch).

And yes, since 1.4 TP is somewhat on new level, very improved

Thanks for responding...I have tried multiple times to scan my VSTs and Native never appears...are you on PC or Mac?

I believe the Triple Play app only supports VST2 and not VST3. So, if you want to use Helix Native in Triple Play, you need to check the box for the Helix Native VST2 during your Helix Native plug-in installation (VST2 is not checked by default). If installing on Windows, you'll also be prompted where you want the Helix Native VST2 to be installed - you'll need to be sure to define a folder for this, and then be sure Triple Play is configured to scan that VST2 folder so it will find it when it does its VST plug-in scan.

Also note that Helix Native will also only run in a 64-bit host, so you also need to be using the 64-bit version of Triple Play.

Hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

I believe the Triple Play app only supports VST2 and not VST3. So, if you want to use Helix Native in Triple Play, you need to check the box for the Helix Native VST2 during your Helix Native plug-in installation (VST2 is not checked by default). If installing on Windows, you'll also be prompted where you want the Helix Native VST2 to be installed - you'll need to be sure to define a folder for this, and then be sure Triple Play is configured to scan that VST2 folder so it will find it when it does its VST plug-in scan.

Also note that Helix Native will also only run in a 64-bit host, so you also need to be using the 64-bit version of Triple Play.

Hope that helps!

..it  did, thanks much...the VST 2 slipped by me.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it's a problem that I've solved with a simple trick: go in the VST3 Plugins folder of your MAC, and make a copy of the Helix Native.vst3; then go in the VST Folder and paste the copy. Rename the extension of the copy from .vst3 to .vst

Then close the folders, launch tripleplay and scan the plugins: voilà.

For me has worked fine.

I hope that  helps. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, it's a problem that I've solved with a simple trick: go in the VST3 Plugins folder of your MAC, and make a copy of the Helix Native.vst3; then go in the VST Folder and paste the copy. Rename the extension of the copy from .vst3 to .vst

Then close the folders, launch tripleplay and scan the plugins: voilà.

For me has worked fine.

I hope that  helps. 

That is awesome! I will try this as soon as I get a chance. Thank you for a legit suggestion and plausible work around!!

Rasberries to the mansplainers who decided to stick their noses in about lollipop they don't know about. TP software is a 64-bit VST host. You do have the option to run it in 32-bit mode, but it would not then function with the bundled software. Indeed, the problem was well documented on Guitar forums. 

--------------------------------------------

Update:

That TOTALLY worked! Many thanks to you azzeccagarbugli!!