Photo

Pod Farm 2, Windows 8, Adding New User Loses Authorisation

pod farm 2 windows 8 new account authorisation new user

Best Answer voxangelo , 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the assistance.

I solved it with the following:

Copied the line 6 folder at c:\users\(username)\appdata\roaming\line 6 into the roaming folder of the other user.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 voxangelo

voxangelo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

I've created a new user accoint on my Windows 8 machine. Now when I try to run Pod Farm 2.5 it says that it is not authorised. This was already authorised when I was logged in as the Main account/Administrator. How do I reauthorise without losing another authorisation from my L6 account. I believe there's a limited amount of times that you can reauthorise L6 software so I only want to reauthorise as a last resort.

I am guessing that the authorisation file is being stored somewhere that only the main account user can access. Whenever I install software I always choose the option to "allow all users to use this software".

I had the same problem with Ableton Live, but they allow Live to be installed on as many computers as you own so reauthorising there was not an issue.

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4578 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

I would go ahead and authorize it on the new account.

Even though you get 10 lifetime authorizations, Line6 can reset them for you if you call or submit a support ticket.

#3 voxangelo

voxangelo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for the assistance.

I solved it with the following:

Copied the line 6 folder at c:\users\(username)\appdata\roaming\line 6 into the roaming folder of the other user.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod farm 2, windows 8, new account, authorisation, new user

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users