rhoneamv

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Hello everyone new to the forum,

I would like to know how can I connect two tube amps both in 4CM to my helix. I have one 6505+ and an ENGL invader that I would like to use with my helix. I tried using helix’s fx loop 1 for the peavey--> output L and helix’s fx loop 2 for the ENGL--> output R. At this point everything sound fine at low volume, but every time I increase the volume using the big volume knob I get a loud feedback noise that is not present when only one amp is connected to the helix, maybe I’m connecting something wrong.

Thank you for your help

#2 pbatts

pbatts

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:44 AM

Have you looked at the stock Templates? I don't recall the names of the Presets, but, there are Templates in the Helix Templates for using multiple amps.

#3 cgar18

cgar18

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Registered Products:5

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

Hello everyone new to the forum,

I would like to know how can I connect two tube amps both in 4CM to my helix. I have one 6505+ and an ENGL invader that I would like to use with my helix. I tried using helix’s fx loop 1 for the peavey--> output L and helix’s fx loop 2 for the ENGL--> output R. At this point everything sound fine at low volume, but every time I increase the volume using the big volume knob I get a loud feedback noise that is not present when only one amp is connected to the helix, maybe I’m connecting something wrong.

Thank you for your help

#4 pbatts

pbatts

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

This is an excellent video, as are all of Richie C's videos. HIGHLY recommended. Go to YouTube and search "Richie Castellano". Watch them all. They are great.

#5 jbuhajla

jbuhajla

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1872 posts
  • LocationDenton TX
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

I believe the 7CM template handles two amps, as opposed to 4CM for one amp. 

Disclaimer: All my opinions referencing the Helix (and all other products) are based upon my personal playing tastes and gear. 

Ephesians 5:19- ...addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart

#6 mefife

mefife

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

Posts above cover most of the ground you'd need.

Currrently working through routing w/ a OneControl OC10 (using the helix to control midi) using two amps and a smattering of pedals. Seems to be working great at the moment...quite fun to have two distinctly different OT signatures on one tone. 

Ping me if you have any specific questions on how/what I'm doing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helix, 4cm, two amps