Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Way to make sure Helix sends MIDI on/off CC messages on Snapshot change

rzumwalt

This is probably another thing I'm just finding out that everybody else already knows, but it might address a concern I think I've seen on here before. On a Snapshot change, Helix only sends a MIDI CC message if the CC value in the new Snapshot is different from the current Snapshot. There may be instances in which you want an On (CC=0) or Off (CC=127) message to send regardless of whether the new value is different. I ran into this because I didn't want the natural behavior while I was editing the preset. When I changed a 0 to 127 and changed Snapshots to test it, I couldn't tell if I'd gotten it right, or if it just did't send a message at all.

This is probably pretty obvious to most, but the solution I had was to realize that Off is actually 0-63 and On is 64-127 and Helix doesn't know you are using them as O/Off messages, just that 0 and 1 are different messages. So I used 0-7 for Off and 120-127 for On and the message was sent every time.

Can anyone spot any downsides to this I'm not seeing? Any uses other than during editing Snapshots?