Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podxt Live Recording Sounding Too Soft And "crispy".

This is my first post so if I do anything wrong, I'm sorry before hand.

I got a PODxt Live from a friend of mine who said I would need it more than him. I've got POD Farm 2 a  while ago and used PODxt Live's usb input and processed it through POD Farm to get my tone.

Before hand I used a First Act usb cable to record that gave raw guitar sound. I processed that into POD Farm and I got alright results (It had some noise to it but I just bit the bullet on that) but with PODxt Live, when I turn amp, noise gate, eq (basicly everything except for raw guitar) off, it sounds a lot softer and the sound of the clean is "crispier" (like crunchy-ish) and the distortions dont really have much emphasis as they did before hand. 

I of course googled the problem and spent about 2 hours watching videos and reading forums and manuals but didn't get much or any desired results. I won't say what I found because they are probably just going to make explaining the problem worse but if anyone can explain to me how to possibly fix this issue you would be helping a fellow musician greatly. Thanks again for reading!

*P.S. the program I am using is Mixcraft 6 and my OS is Windows 7 (32 bit) if that helps at all

Make sure everything is current by running Monkey.

Also make sure you are selecting Line6 ASIO PODxt Live as your device in your DAW.

I would not use POD Farm while recording with the PODxt Live.

I would use the xt to monitor the wet but send the dry to your DAW.

• 2 weeks later...

Although the XT Live can be used with POD Farm, I don't think it's designed for that. I tried it myself and it sounds horrible. I think you should forget about POD Farm and use the amp models on the XT Live. Use Gearbox to make and tweak patches.

If you insist on using POD Farm, It's probably better to use a UX1.