#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yes, there is a noise gate that can be found in the setup menu and saved on a preset per preset basis, and there is also a noise gate effect that can be used as a standalone effect in a preset.

"It is not our duty to understand the arbitrary, meaningless dictates of machines"

- Don Norman in The Design of Everyday Things

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17698 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:16

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

just adding that the noisegate is sort of a bonus effect, because it can work in addition with any of the other stomp models.

#4 jamiek03

jamiek03

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

I am interested in getting an M5. From reading this and other places I understand that the Noise Gate needs to be set for every preset.

On my tube amp and the 2 gain channels are a little hissy/noisy. To quiet this, every preset on my current multi effects pedal has the noise gate on. Seems the M5 functions a little differently. Since I can not change presets with one button press (need to hit both buttons, cycle up down to preset, hit both buttons) my question is:

If the noise gate is set to be used on a preset but the effect is turned off for that preset (on/off button), is the noise gate still engaged?

Here is a specific example:

Preset 2, Noise Gate is set, Chorus Effect is chosen for this preset, saved etc.

I have selected Preset 2 and have the Chorus Effect On (Chorus Effect is Active, Noise Gate is Active)

I hit the On/Off, Chorus Effect is Off (Chorus Effect is Inactive, Noise Gate is still Active)

I hit the On/Off, Chorus Effect is On (Chorus Effect is Active, Noise Gate is Active)

If the above is not true, then this pedal would be rather useless for my specific application and I will need to look elsewhere.