Photo

Max Db Gain On Ux1 And Ux2 Physical Mic Preamps

ux1 ux2 preamp gain

Best Answer hulbert , 03 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't see any info in the Line 6 guiide. You might have already seen it somewhere else but I did see that on some reviews, it is said that the ux2 has 50 db max for mic gain. I haven't been able to find anything for the ux1 and as it is a different setup i.e. doesn't have phantom power section like the ux2, it might be a totally different preamp section.

I know that doesn't really help much as its not official and its only for the ux2, but thought I'd mention it as no-one else seems to have the info for you.

This was for the previous ux2 model but here is a link to a review:

http://www.emusician...rticleid=142953

God Bless,

David

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicky872

nicky872

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Greetings fellow Line 6-ers,

There does not seem to be any documentation on this, yet it seems of critical importance when deciding which interface to purchase for recording via microphone:

What is the precise maximum +dB gain provided by the physical mic preamps on the Pod Studio UX1 and UX2 respectively?

#2 hulbert

hulbert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:29 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't see any info in the Line 6 guiide. You might have already seen it somewhere else but I did see that on some reviews, it is said that the ux2 has 50 db max for mic gain. I haven't been able to find anything for the ux1 and as it is a different setup i.e. doesn't have phantom power section like the ux2, it might be a totally different preamp section.

I know that doesn't really help much as its not official and its only for the ux2, but thought I'd mention it as no-one else seems to have the info for you.

This was for the previous ux2 model but here is a link to a review:

http://www.emusician...rticleid=142953

God Bless,

David

#3 nicky872

nicky872

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

Thank you for the reply, David. It is much appreciated, even if only insofar as it confirms by priors. 

It seems odd (perhaps even disconcerting) that Line 6 does not release official information on the mic preamps in the Pod Studio devices along with other specs.  I can only surmise that the mic preamps are included in the devices more as an afterthought rather than a priority.  This is a real shame.  I still love my Pod Studio UX1, but the need for better mic preamps has finally forced me to upgrade to a Focusrite Scarlett device instead. 

#4 hulbert

hulbert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hi,

That's ok. Sorry I couldn't offer any real help.

Hope you have fun with your new device.

God Bless,

David

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ux1, ux2, preamp, gain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users