#1 rmaginnis

rmaginnis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEdmonton,Alberta.Canada.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm a little frustrated after spending hours editing the volume levels for my JTV guitar models that I find when i play live the volume levels between the the same model and the other models are more often than not quite different in their output level. Any suggestions that may help me acquire a quicker and more balanced volume level ?

#2 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yes,

You should visit the site vguitarforums. They have a section on variax guitars & patches. Someone went through the HD models & "Volume Balanced" them in workbench, and posted them by bank. See the following link:  ------>> http://www.vguitarfo...hp?topic=9388.0

Hope that helps. Check out the rest of the site - very good info there!

Cheers

#3 diggerbarnz

diggerbarnz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I tried joining that forum for that purpose - yet to get "accepted" ...that was a month ago - dunno where he's @!

Just tried again w/different email...says I'm successful  - then says waiting admin approval

Has ANYONE had success w/this?  - scratch that ... finally gottem'

#4 rmaginnis

rmaginnis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ok thanks for this Guitarno , I downloaded all your settings and I'm gonna give them a try. Anything special I or we should know about?

:)

Hey Diggerbarnz did you get a chance to try out these settings ? And if so what are your thoughts.

#5 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I didn't actually post those settings on Vguitar, I just belong to that site, knew they were there & thought they might help you out. Nothing really special to know about them. I tried them myself, and they seem to be a little more even for volume. I haven't had as much of an issue with this but I'm new to the JTV & am still in the learning mode. I have a lot of experimenting to do in workbench to learn to optimize the models.

#6 ur2funky

ur2funky

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

When I adjusted mine, I played them against the same song (or better yet backing track) at a very low listening level. The low volume seems to help point out differences easier. It's an old mixing trick to find possible problems in a mix...listen at a very low level.

And keep in mind the models 2.0 have very different comparitive levels to each other than in 1.9. These need to be adjusted differently.

#7 diggerbarnz

diggerbarnz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Ok thanks for this Guitarno , I downloaded all your settings and I'm gonna give them a try. Anything special I or we should know about?

:)

Hey Diggerbarnz did you get a chance to try out these settings ? And if so what are your thoughts.

Sounds great to me - 1st time I've used the workbench & I find it to be an improvement

#8 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Sounds great to me - 1st time I've used the workbench & I find it to be an improvement

If you're a Variax user, workbench is a must. Opens new doors as a guitarist.

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#9 rmaginnis

rmaginnis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I really love this guitar (JTV 69)  and the versatility it provides  :wub: ! But one more question for you all . What pickups have you used in combination with your Gibson Les Paul other than Lester pickups?

#10 Sonny1096

Sonny1096

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

I really love this guitar (JTV 69)  and the versatility it provides  :wub: ! But one more question for you all . What pickups have you used in combination with your Gibson Les Paul other than Lester pickups?

One of my favorites is the LP body with mini-humbuckers. The 89 pickups are also fun. Use the "spank" single-coil pickups, and you can emulate coil-splitting. Build all the positions for a 3 pickup setup (HHH), and things get really interesting. Now ask yourself, will the middle pickup be a treble or a bass pickup? Throw in some out-of-phase and/or series wirings, for good measure. The sheer number of choices will start to make your brain hurt after awhile... :)

#11 rmaginnis

rmaginnis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's really amazing what you can do with this instrument. Im really having fun with it but sometimes you just get too involved with the mechanics of it all and forget that you have songs to learn for the next rehearsal. Lol.

Thanks everyone your suggestions have come in very handy.

#12 paulmackay1979

paulmackay1979

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

I cant find the link for the settings, anyone help?

#13 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

What settings?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users