#1 GiovanniC

GiovanniC

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hallo to everyone!

I've been using Pod X3 Live for 5 years as stand alon unit directly connecte to PA with great results.

After having sold my TC Electronics G-System, I would now need to use it sometimes in 4-cables method connected to my custom guitar head, Masotti X100M.

I'm pretty familiar with that configuration, as I used it for several years with G-Sys.
But using X3 live I'm experimenting some problems in volume levels setting.

In particular, I have big volume drop when connecting the Pod to amp front end (pod fx send --> amp input): if compared with guitar directly in amp input, when I pass through Pod it seems I loose a lot of signal.
I tried to compensate volume loss increasing loop send level, but when I match clean channel volume levels I notice that crunch and lead channels distortion level increases. So if I turn back loop send level to match amp lead channel distortion level, when I switch to clean channel I have again clean channel volume ridicously low.

On the other hand, I'm fully satisfied of the regulations of the interface between amp loop and pod: regulating loop return level and amp bypass level I exactly paired amp alone volumes, with apparently very small tone losses.

Is there someone who experimented similar issues?
Is there any suggested setting to overcome the problem?

Note: I have set guitar pad on as with most of my guitars clip red light is almost always red! =(

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users